
🎙️ Voice is AI-generated. Inconsistencies may occur.
The U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee updated its guidelines this week to reflect that it will comply with President Donald Trump‘s executive order targeting transgender athletes.
“The USOPC will continue to collaborate with various stakeholders with oversight responsibilities, e.g., IOC, IPC, NGBs, to ensure that women have a fair and safe competition environment consistent with Executive Order 14201 and the Ted Stevens Olympic & Amateur Sports Act,” the guidance says.
Executive Order 14201, titled “Keeping Men Out Of Women’s Sports,” was signed on February 5 and says women’s sports are for “biological” women, adding that transgender women’s participation in women’s sports is “demeaning, unfair, and dangerous.”
The USOPC confirmed to The New York Times on Tuesday that its policy had been updated, telling the paper it held a “series of respectful and constructive conversations with federal officials” on the issue and that “as a federally chartered organization, we have an obligation to comply with federal expectations.”
This is a breaking news story. Updates to follow.

Alex Brandon/AP